The course is taught by Wes Bos (checkout his website), a Canadian developer and teacher.
He is very engaging when he teaches and that is something that keeps you interested during the entire course.
There is a wide range of topics that you work on technically.
I particularly liked to learn about:
- building a custom video player,
- playing with the media devices (webcam),
- persisting data with local storage in the browser,
dirwhich are quite useful! I used to use only console.log,
- playing the speech synthesis,
- really nailing the array methods down,
- listening the keyboard strokes to perform cool stuff,
- replicating the Stripe website navigation (I want to finish the keyboard navigation as Wes doesn't cover that),
- catching mouse and touch events to interact with the UI…
Check out my exercise solutions live here.
The Missing bits
It would have been great if Wes had summarized the instructions for each challenge.
I tried to write them down at the beginning of each course so I could have a go on my own before watching / checking the solution.
Something, you have to view the render of the solution to get those requirements right.
Going through the entire course took me 47h in total.
Thanks Wes for creating this awesome month-long challenge. I learned quite a few sweet tricks.
Next stop in company of Wes: his Learn Node course to apply all those ES6+ skills to a full-fledged project. Stay tuned!